We’re told all the time that drinking water is good for us but just how does it keep our bodies fit and healthy?
Start by thinking about what happens to the plants in our gardens if they go without water. The soil around them begins to look dry and starts to crack. The leaves and petals droop and lose their colour, and before long, the once-beautiful flowers and foliage are on the floor and the plant is dead.
The human body is more than 60% water
The human body, just like plants, needs water to stay in top condition. When we drink water, we’re not just quenching our thirst, we’re replacing the water lost throughout the day. More than 60% of the human body is water, which is lost when we sweat, go to the loo and even breathe. That’s why everyone should always carry a drinks bottle.
What are the benefits of staying hydrated?
- Keeping your water level topped up helps to regulate body temperature. It makes sense then, that the more exercise you do, and the more body-cooling sweat you produce, the more water you’ll want to drink. So, when you head off to the gym, out for a run, a walk or a cycle, take a water bottle with you.
- Water helps to lubricate and cushion joints, making exercise more comfortable.
- Drinking plenty of water aids the formation of saliva in the mouth, as well as moistening the tissue in your eyes and nose.
- Eating a healthy diet is vital for your well-being, and water helps your body to digest food and absorb nutrients.
- Looking to lose a few pounds? Drinking plenty of water can boost your metabolism, which can lead to weight loss. It can also make you feel fuller, so you eat less.
- Water helps to flush out the waste products from your body, avoiding constipation.
- Giving your body all the water it needs will keep its largest organ, the skin, hydrated and, hopefully, looking brighter.
- Dehydration can lead to fatigue, anxiety and confusion.
Carrying a water bottle is a no-brainer
With government guidelines suggesting we drink 6-8 glasses of water per day, carrying a bottle of water is a no-brainer. But if you pop to the shop to buy a bottle each time you leave the house, it can start to add up financially, and think about the cost to the environment of all that non-biodegradable plastic going to landfill. Did you know it takes up to 1,000 years for one plastic bottle to decompose, or that non-recyclable lids often end up on the ocean floor where marine animals mistake them for food.
Ditch the plastic and choose a reusable drinks bottle
This food for thought is sure to make everyone think twice about buying plastic and choose a greener alternative, a reusable aluminium drinks bottle. Suitable for both hot and cold drinks, it makes a great gift too, and helps others to break the plastic habit.
At PrintBerry, we can print a huge range of vivid colours onto drinks bottles using state-of-the-art printing technology, helping you to boost your fitness and save the planet at the same time!